K-Pow! Spicy Chicken Wings
This is our nice and simple recipe for some great tasting hot 'n' spicy chicken wings that will be perfect for watching the game, packed in your picnic basket or if you’re like me, lunch on Saturday, just because 😊
- 1kg of whole chicken wings (I prefer whole wings as they tend to be bigger and are much better value)
- 2 TBS of Canola Oil (any vegetable oil will be fine)
- 50 grams of butter
- 3 TBS K-Pow! Mexican Habanero Hot Sauce
For the spice rub:
- 1 TBS Paprika
- 1 TBS Dried Oregano
- 1 TBS Kosher Salt or 1 tsp of regular table salt if you don’t have kosher salt
- 1 tsp Freshly Group Black Pepper
- 1 tsp Onion Flakes
- 1 tsp Garlic Granules
- 1 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- Add all the ingredients for the spice rub into a small container that has a lid you can close, so you can shake to mix them all together.
- Prepare the chicken, buy separating and cutting between the joint with a good sharp knife.
- Place all of the chicken in a large zip lock bag and pour in the 2 TBS of Canola oil. Close up the bag and make sure all of the chicken has a coating of the oil, this makes sure the spice rub stays stuck to the chicken and doesn’t end up at the bottom of the cooking tray.
- Now add half of the spice rub to the bag and close it and coat all of the chicken.
- Now add the rest of the spice rub and do the same again until you’re happy all of the chicken pieces have a nice even coating of the spice rub.
- Now put the bag of chicken pieces in the fridge to marinate for at least an hour.
- Pre-heat your oven to 200 degrees Celsius for a conventional oven, and 180c for a fan forced oven.
- Place your marinated chicken pieces on a baking tray that has sides, lined with baking paper. Try to spread them out so they’re not touching too much.
- Put your chicken in the oven and cook for 20 minutes and then turn and cook for a further 20 minutes.
- Your chicken should be nearly cooked now, depending on the size of your wings. Smaller wings will only need another 5 or 10 minutes, larger wings may need a bit more time, just keep an eye on them so they don’t get over cooked.
- During this last bit of cooking, it’s time to prepare the K-Pow! hot butter sauce.
- Place 50 grams of butter in a small pot on a low heat and add the 3 TBS of K-Pow! Mexican Habanero hot sauce.
- Let the butter slowly melt and combine with the hot sauce, using a spoon to stir them together.
- Remove your cooked chicken from the oven and transfer to a large bowl and pour over your hot butter sauce, mix it all around with tongs or a large spoon until the chicken is completely coated with sauce.
- Your wings are done! Time to plate up. I like to serve my wings with a side of extra hot sauce and some cool ranch dressing. Enjoy!
Nothing but bones left!!